The Chicago Toy & Game Fair brings together imagination, play and inventive thinking in their third annual Young Inventor Challenge. Open to anyone less than 19 years old, contestants have their original game (and toy) inventions judged by popular vote at the fair. Not only are there great prizes to be won, but top toy and game industry representatives will provide advice and recognition and encourage all young inventors to dream big and discover the possibilities of play!
All Young Inventor Challenge entries will be reviewed by top toy and game industry executives. The winner of the Young Inventor Challenge receive a fantastic prize package, including:
- Dinner for winner and their parents with Mike Hirtle, Head of Global Product Acquisition and Inventor Relations for Hasbro, following the Award Ceremony on November 21st.
- Winner featured in Inventor’s Digest
- Inventor’s Digest subscription for one year
- VIP Tour by Bruce Lund of Lund and Company Invention LLC of their workshop and offices (www.lundandcompany.com). A peek into Santa’s Workshop!
- VIP behind-the-scenes tour and general admission for four to Strong National Museum of Play® in Rochester, New York. Strong is home to the National Toy Hall of Fame® and the world’s largest collection of toys, dolls, games and other items that celebrate play.
- 3 tickets to the Toy of The Year Awards on 2/13/10 (winner and 2 parents/guardians, 6 tickets total if the team wins)
- Opportunity to co-present an award at Toy of The Year (award is still being determined)
- 2 – night hotel stay in NYC
- Toy Fair pre-show tour on Sunday morning (2/14/10) from 8 – 9:30 am (this is prior to show hours)
All Toy of the Year and Toy Fair Awards courtesy of the Toy Industry Association.